Janet W. Behnke has practiced law in Ocala more than forty years, during which time she has served clients in almost every area of civil law. She currently limits her practice primarily to family law, wills and probate, and real property litigation.
She is a former Marion County judge, a former president of the Ocala Marion County Chamber of Commerce and a former president of the Marion County Bar Association.
Ms. Behnke understands that each client and each situation is unique. She listens carefully to her clients’ goals and concerns. Her years of experience particularly qualify her to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of each case and to zealously represent her clients’ interests.
County Court Judge, Fifth Judicial Circuit, Marion County, 1994-1995. Attorney, Marion County School Board, 1984-1994. Member: Florida Pari-Mutuel Commission, 1991-1992; State Advisory Committee for the Education of Exceptional Students, 1992-1994. Member: Florida Board of Bar Examiners, 2002-2007; Emeritus, 2007; Master, D.R. Smith Inns of Court, 1999-2002, 2007. Certified County and Circuit Civil Mediator; Federal Mediator, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, Family Mediator
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Real Estate Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Circuit Court Mediator
- Certified Family Mediator
- Florida, 1971
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. – 1971
- University of Florida, School of Journalism and Communications, Gainesville, Florida
- B.S.J.M. – 1967
- Major: Public Relations
Honors and Awards
- AV Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected one of Marion County’s Ten Most Influential Women by the Ocala Star-Banner, 1987
- Recognized for Distinguished Service to the Florida School Board Attorneys’ Association, 1995
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida School Board Attorneys’ Association, President, 1992
- The Florida Chamber of Commerce, Executive Committee, 1985 – 1986, 1990 – 1991
- The Florida Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 1983 – 1991
- Florida Education and Industry Coalition, 1986 – 1994
- The Florida Chamber of Commerce Foundation Board of Trustees, 1989 – 1994
- Ocala/Marion County Chamber of Commerce, President, 1981
- Leadership Ocala Board of Regents, Chairperson (Founding Chair), 1987 – 1989
- Heart of Florida Girl Scouts Council, Assistant Leader, 1992 – 1995; Leader – 1995 – 2000
- Heart of Florida Girl Scouts Council, Outstanding Leader, Winner’s Circle Service Unit, 1997 – 1998
- Marion County Take Stock In Children, Mentor, 1997 – present; Leadership Council, 1997 – present
- Marion County Bar Association, President, 1980
- D.R. Smith American Inns Of Court, Master, 1999 – Present
- Florida Pari-Mutual Commission, Member, 1991 – 1992
- Florida Department of Education, Member, State Advisory Comm. for the Education of Exceptional Students, 1992 – 1994
- Governor’s Transition Task Force on Transportation, Chair, Right of Way and Corridor Protection Subcommittee, 1991
- Marion County, Florida, County Court Judge, 1994 – 1995
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.